Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Greetings from ICE

I thought I would get back to blogging. Attending a conference always makes me think...I should be doing this more often. I want to get out some info before the conference hangover kicks in, you know when you see and learn so much it makes your head hurt and then later, you cant seem to remember 1/2 of it. So before that happens here is some quick information from the Feb 27, 2008 ICE conference session "Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Resources"

The Library of Congress has a huge database of information including pictures, text, books, videos, sheet music, recordings and more. The information is grouped into categories such as American Memories, Global Gateway, and Veterans History. There are too many collections to list here so just go check out the site and see for yourself.

"Okay," you say, "there is a lot of stuff there. Now what?" Well, don't be overwhelmed. There are teacher resources on the site to help you get started, see lesson plans, plan activities and even professional development materials such as handouts and power point presentations. So what are you waiting for, get to it.

If you are waiting for me, please contact me to schedule a formal training session for you or your group.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.