Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why did I choose this blog title?

See one; Do one; Teach one...I cant recall exactly when I heard it but it has stuck with me all these years. I heard it from an episode of M*A*S*H, my favorite TV show when I was a kid. One of the shows doctors was performing a new procedure and it impressed a doctor observing the technique. One of the doctors then mentioned this principle and it struck me profoundly.

Ever since I heard it, it has been my "motto" and a principle I have followed. I grew up thinking that if I learn some thing (see one), I use it (do one) and then I should teach someone else what I have learned (teach one).

While my calling may not be as a doctor or classroom teacher, I hope to teach other people what I know about technology. I think the most important thing to know about technology is that it is not a means to an end, technology is a tool or a system of tools that can be employed by people to make doing something easier, better or faster. Technology is not the most important thing, people are and we shouldn't loose sight on that.

So read on. I'll keep on learning and doing new things, then I hope I can teach you something new about technology. Maybe you'll do it and teach someone how. Its a never ending cycle and that is the simple beauty of See one, Do one, Teach one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm considering getting an iPhone, but I'm not planning to pay extra for a data plan. If I understand correctly, I should be able to connect to my home wireless router or other unsecured wireless wifi routers and get FULL internet access without paying for the data plan. I just wouldn't be able to get internet access from everywhere. Is this correct?
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url] [url=http://www.noblefuse.com/vb/showthread.php?p=79202#post79202]unlock iphone[/url]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.